Breaking News
  • March 11NHS tutoring after school on 03/19 in Mrs. Ackmens room
  • March 11ZHS 2nd Annual Lip Sync Battle! Registration forms can be picked up in the choir room - all forms due 03/28.
  • March 7Anyone interested in sports medicine can pick up an application in main or foundation hall offices! You have until spring break to complete all sections.
  • November 8Zachary High's 2023-2024 Golden Gala prom! Prom fees are $40, pay on school cash online!
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

This is Us Review

This is Us star Ron Cephas Jones passed away Sunday, August 19. Here’s an analysis of the show and the impact Cephas left on its viewers.

The show follows the Pearson family. Jack and Rebecca Pearson had a storybook romance, with three beautiful children: Kate, Kevin, and Randall, their adopted son. But when Jack tragically dies in a house fire, things take a turn for the worse. Rebecca struggles to keep her family together. As the children age, they experience internal conflicts of their own all connected to their father’s death. Depressed, Kate begins to gain more and more weight and starts a lifelong struggle with body image. Kevin is haunted by the burden of knowing that he wasn’t there to save his father when he died. Randall faces extreme anxiety due to his traumatic past and attempts to mend things with his biological father, played by Ron Cephas. 

Known for prominent series Mr. Robot and Luke Cage, Ron Cephas was a warm-hearted actor. Playing the role of a musician in This Is Us, Ron enabled viewers to feel connected to music. Additionally, in and outside of the show, he is witty and charismatic. Just like the fans of the show, fans are saddened by his passing.  

The show and its characters, especially William, teaches you how to love and appreciate the world around you. Moments that seem insignificant and ordinary right now can be the most treasured parts of your life later. Family is forever.