The Greatest Show on Turf: Homecoming Dress-Up Days

Alyvia Pierson, Staff Editor/Writer

Homecoming is one of the most wonderful and festive times of the year! Many students stood out during Decades Day, Pajama Day, Salad Dressing Day, Circus Day, and Spirit Day. Who showed the most school spirit?

Monday, September 12th, 2022: Decades Day!

Alyvia Pierson

Inspired by Saturday Night Lights, Ian Jackson (9) dresses in a flamboyant rainbow suit to represent the ‘70s decade. Ian loves the vibrant colors of his outfit that makes a statement to everyone. His favorite thing from the seventies is Elvis and his sensational rock and roll music.

Maddy Snyder

With prior knowledge of the ‘50s decade, Anna Beauchamp (10) knew what to wear to flaunt her style, wearing the signature poodle skirt. She is most looking forward to getting ready for the homecoming dance, since it is her first official homecoming as a sophomore.

Alyvia Pierson

Borrowing her dad’s fashion from the 80s, Tamia Elloie (11) participates in Decades Day. Inspired by the rappers during that time, with her dad’s jersey, her brother’s blue jeans, and her baseball cap, Tamia pulled together the perfect ‘80s look.

Laila Sanders

Inspired by Notorious B.I.G., or commonly known as “Biggie”, Trent Wallace (12) dresses from the ‘90s decade. He loves his Versace shirt, a statement piece, and is grateful to dress as his icon from the ‘90s.

Tuesday, September 13th , 2022: Pajama Day!

Maddy Snyder

Isabella Allen (9) wears her adorable donut and coffee pajamas. She thought it would be more than fitting for a Pajama Day. Isabella is excited for all the homecoming festivities, especially the game.

Laila Sanders

Feeling confident and comfortable, Michael Anthony (10) wears his favorite pajamas. He loves his shirt, which makes him feel great. Michael is looking forward to the pep rally to cheer on the Broncos!

Laila Sanders

Wearing the traditional Kilpatrick pajamas, Elijaah Kilpatrick (11) chooses to stick with family traditions. His pajamas are comfortable and provides him comfort while he works. Elijaah is looking forward to the homecoming preparations and excitement from the student body.

Maddy Snyder

Choosing to stay comfortable during the cool morning, Camryn Beathley (12) wears her pajamas. She chooses to wear these, because they are the softest and most comfortable ones that she owns. Camryn is most looking forward to the homecoming parade because she is working on two different floats.

Wednesday, September 14th , 2022: Salad Dressing Day!

Alyvia Pierson

Having a liking for the renaissance period, Jalaja Hawkins (9) poses in a traditional renaissance dress for Italian Dressing. She chooses to dress as Italian over Bleu Cheese, because she loves the dress, and it suits her well. Jalaja is excited for early dismissal, the parade, and the homecoming dance.

Laila Sanders

Embracing her love for colors, Landrie Barr (10) dresses in Hawaiian fashion, showing off her colorful lei, for 1000 Island Dressing Day. She appreciates the numerous compliments she received and loves how her outfit is fun to wear. Landrie is excited for the game and expects it to be fun with much excitement.

Laila Sanders

Going for an untraditional approach, Tyelan Banks (11) wears an all-black cowboy outfit for Ranch Dressing. Using clothing he previously owned, he knew exactly the kind of look he wanted. He loves his flannel and hat and feels like a rock star wearing them.

Maddy Snyder

With the help of her friends, Londyn Zachary (12) wears a toga to represent Caesar Dressing. Her leggings, underneath her toga, are her favorite part of her outfit. A football lover at heart, Londyn is the most excited for the game.

Thursday, September 15th  , 2022: Circus Day!

Alyvia Pierson

Showing off her glittery hat, Phoebe Fannin (9) dresses as a clown, her favorite circus act, for Circus Day. She is looking forward to early dismissal. Phoebe’s favorite dress-up day was pajama day because she was able to wear her comfort clothes.

Laila Sanders

Flaunting her style, Mya Hays (10) (right) dresses as a scary clown/jester for Circus Day. Her favorite part of her outfit is her hat, which adds flare to complete her look. Mya’s favorite dress-up day was Circus Day because she loves clowns and inspired herself to create her outfit.

Alyvia Pierson

Going for a creepy look, Braylon Miller (11) dresses as a sinister clown for Circus Day. Loving his mask, he knew it would be the perfect way to scare his classmates. Braylon’s favorite circus act is the ringleader.

Maddy Snyder

Inspired by his favorite video game character, Matthew Creel (12) dresses as a trapeze artist for Circus Day. His favorite circus act are clowns because they are comical and witty. Circus Day was his favorite dress-up day because he dressed formally.

Friday, September 16th , 2022: Spirit Day!

Laila Sanders

Enjoying Spirit Day, the most compared to the other dress-up days, Joy Wilson (10) (left) flaunts her style in ZHS colors. She enjoys the sports the most at Zachary High, because of the high-energy crowd. Joy is excited for the homecoming game.

Laila Sanders

Loving the creativity he put into his outfit, Marquis McQuirter (11) shows his Zachary pride for Spirit Day. He loves how atmosphere prepares him for college from the large campus to the transition time to get to classes. Marquis is excited for the game and expects it to be a good turnout.

Maddy Snyder

Inspired by Pinterest, Jalia Norwood (12) shows off her decorated jeans for Spirit Day. Her favorite dress-up day was Decades Day, when she dressed from the 90s, because she able to express herself and her sense of style. Jalia believes Homecoming is crucial to high school because everyone can express their pride to their school.