Breaking News
  • January 26Black History Month Program - 2/29/24 @ 6:30pm - Sign up sheets available in main and foundation offices!
  • November 82023-2024 prom committee would like to announce that the prom theme is GOLDAN GALA! Prom will be held at the Raising Canes Center on April 13th
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Ciannie Wellington, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024
Lillian Funk (11), head of booth, miking Grace Noel (9), who plays Matilda.
Matilda: Unseen Practice Before Perfection
Maddy Snyder, Co-Editor-in-Chief • February 9, 2024
Boys Basketball Flies High!
Boys' Basketball Flies High!
Kara Griffith, Staff Writer • January 31, 2024

Headed to the Dome!

The Broncos faced the Dutchtown Griffins on Friday and Saturday during the Semifinal round of the playoffs, beating them 31-28 in overtime.
Shiloh Reed

In a game full of twists and turns, the Varsity Football team fought hard against the Dutchtown Griffins.

In the first quarter, Dutchtown scored a touchdown and a field goal, leading 7-0. The Broncos scored a touchdown in the second quarter, but missed the kick, making it 7-6. The Broncos took the lead with another touchdown and a field goal, making it 13-7. The Griffins scored, setting the score at 13-13.

After a nail-biting first half, fans were getting anxious, and after the halftime show, the Broncos went back to fight the Griffins in the second half. In the first down of the third quarter, the Griffins scored and made the kick. The score was now Dutchtown 21- Zachary 13. Dutchtown scored again, putting the score at a terrifying 28-13.  

Suddenly, by sheer miracle, rain and lightning stormed the Bronco Corral. The announcer called for a rain delay, which led to a postponement to three o’clock the next day.  

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon, Zachary’s #27 Kameron Thomas (12) scored a touchdown, followed by a field goal, bringing the score to 28-21.

With two minutes left on the clock, all they had to do was make a touchdown. Thankfully, they succeeded! The touchdown was made #17 Jeremiah Smith (10). The Broncos made it into overtime and scored another touchdown! With the successful field goal kick by #80 Rafael Filogonio Costa (11), the Broncos secured a 31-28 victory.

Thanks to the outcome of this nerve-wracking game, the Broncos will face the Rustin Bearcats this Saturday, December 9, at the state championships!