Breaking News
  • January 26Black History Month Program - 2/29/24 @ 6:30pm - Sign up sheets available in main and foundation offices!
  • November 82023-2024 prom committee would like to announce that the prom theme is GOLDAN GALA! Prom will be held at the Raising Canes Center on April 13th
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Ciannie Wellington, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024
Lillian Funk (11), head of booth, miking Grace Noel (9), who plays Matilda.
Matilda: Unseen Practice Before Perfection
Maddy Snyder, Co-Editor-in-Chief • February 9, 2024
Boys Basketball Flies High!
Boys' Basketball Flies High!
Kara Griffith, Staff Writer • January 31, 2024

Boys’ Basketball Flies High!

On Monday, January 30, the Boys Varsity Basketball team went up against the Falcons of St. Thomas Aquinas High School in a home game. The Broncos and Falcons both started the game off strong, but the Broncos pulled ahead with a couple of points. The first period ended in favor of the Broncos with a score of 16 -10. 

By halftime the score was 32 – 21, the Broncos pulling ahead with a stronger lead. For halftime festivities, four students were pre-selected for a game of musical chairs and a chance to win a $50 gift card.  As the students circled the chairs, dribbling their basketballs, they dropped out one by one. In the end, Fischer Romero (11) came out as the winner. 

Continuing the game, the Broncos fought hard to maintain and extend their lead. In the fourth period the broncos scored 60 points, which allowed for every ZHS student who attended the game to receive a Raising Cane’s coupon! With the chants and encouragement from the students in the crowd and the Varsity Cheerleaders, the Broncos defeated the Falcons with an ending score of 88-64!