Breaking News
  • March 11NHS tutoring after school on 03/19 in Mrs. Ackmens room
  • March 11ZHS 2nd Annual Lip Sync Battle! Registration forms can be picked up in the choir room - all forms due 03/28.
  • March 7Anyone interested in sports medicine can pick up an application in main or foundation hall offices! You have until spring break to complete all sections.
  • November 8Zachary High's 2023-2024 Golden Gala prom! Prom fees are $40, pay on school cash online!
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The March Round-Up
The March Round-Up
Alyvia Pierson, Co-Editor-in-Chief • March 31, 2024
Recognizing Women in Sports
Recognizing Women in Sports
Ciannie Wellington, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
What It Means to Be A Green
What It Means to Be A Green
Alyvia Pierson, Co-Editor-in-Chief • March 27, 2024

Lady Broncos Softball Match Ends in Unfortunate Defeat

The Lady Broncos Varsity softball team played against the Northshore Panthers on Monday, March 11.

Northshore scored first in the bottom of the first inning until Amelia Woodard (10) and Sophia Hebert (9) hit singles, allowing Zachary to lead 3-1.

In the top of the second, Northshore succeeded with four singles, putting the score at 6-3.

Later in the game, with the Broncos having obtained five points thus far, Amelia Mitchem (9) pitched five innings, allowing for seven hits and six runs. Striking out on two, she walked four.

Nyla Doiron (12), Audrey Mitchem (11), and Avery Hastings (10) individually scored two hits. Additionally, Doiron (12) and Woodard (10) drove in two runs. The Broncos collectively turned one double play in the game. 

Unfortunately, the Lady Broncos fell short by six points, with a game-ending score of 12-6, which resulted in Northshore’s win.