Breaking News
  • March 11NHS tutoring after school on 03/19 in Mrs. Ackmens room
  • March 11ZHS 2nd Annual Lip Sync Battle! Registration forms can be picked up in the choir room - all forms due 03/28.
  • March 7Anyone interested in sports medicine can pick up an application in main or foundation hall offices! You have until spring break to complete all sections.
  • November 8Zachary High's 2023-2024 Golden Gala prom! Prom fees are $40, pay on school cash online!
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The March Round-Up
The March Round-Up
Alyvia Pierson, Co-Editor-in-Chief • March 31, 2024
Recognizing Women in Sports
Recognizing Women in Sports
Ciannie Wellington, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
What It Means to Be A Green
What It Means to Be A Green
Alyvia Pierson, Co-Editor-in-Chief • March 27, 2024

Ten K-Dramas That You’re Sure to Love!

Korean dramas, the Korean equivalent of American shows like The Summer I Turned Pretty, have become increasingly popular over that last decade. Varying from high school heartthrobs to zombie apocalypse horrors, here are ten K-Dramas that will have you in your feels!

Sweet Home (2020) 

Sweet Home is a thriller drama starring Song Kang as Cha Hyun Su, Go Min Si as Lee Eun Yoo, Lee Jin Wook as Pyeon Sang Wook, Lee Si Young as Seo Yi Kyeong, and Go Youn Jung as Park Yoo Ri. The main character, Hyun Su, is extremely depressed after finding out that his whole family died in a freak car accident. All he wants is to be with them again. 

But before he can take his life, a monster apocalypse causes Hyun Su to save his neighbors. When Hyun Su turns into a monster, he demonstrates a unique ability to fight the transition, making him a hybrid of a human and a monster. His superhuman abilities, especially an accelerated ability to heal from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, allow him to protect his found family.  

All of Us Dead (2022) 

All of Us Dead is an action-packed thriller starring Park Ji Hu as Man On Jo, Yoon Chan Young as Lee Cheong San, Park Solo Mon as Lee Su Hyeok, and Cho Yi Hyun as Choi Nam Ra. Normal teens at a Korean high school experience day-to-day life until a student returns from the science lab infected by an unknown virus.  

Students at the high school must now fight for their lives while they look for a way out. As the infection spreads out of the school and peninsula, the military desperately interrogates the psychotic science teacher who started it all while his students fight to survive until help arrives. 

Business Proposal (2022) 

Business Proposal is a romantic comedy-drama starring Kim Se Jeong as Shin Ha Ri, Ahn Hyo Seop as Kang Tae Moo, Kim Min Kyu as Cha Sung Hoon, and Seol In Ah as Jin Young Seo. Ha Ri is a single woman who works for a company. 

Her friend, Young Seo, then asks Ha Ri to take her place on a blind date. Ha Ri accepts her friend’s offer. When she sees her blind date, Ha Ri is dumbfounded to find out that her date is Kang Tae-Moo, the CEO of the company she works for. 

True Beauty (2021) 

True Beauty is a romance drama starring Hwang In Youp as Han Seo Jun, Cha Eun Woo as Lee Soo Ho, and Mun ka Young as Im Ju Kyung. An eighteen-year-old high school student, Ju Kyung, who has an inferiority complex regarding her appearance, has been constantly discriminated against by her family and bullied by her peers due to being perceived as ugly.  

When she masters the art of doing makeup just before transferring to her new school, her makeover is transformative as she quickly gains popularity. Her peers even start calling her a “goddess.” Despite her newfound popularity, Ju Kyung still considers herself ugly, and her greatest fear is that her peers will see her real face. 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017) 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is a fantasy romantic comedy starring Park Bo Young as Do Bong Soon, Park Hyung Sik as An Min Hyuk, and Ji Soo as In Guk Doo. Heroine Bong Soon was born with superhuman powers, like strength. It’s hereditary and is only passed down to the women in her family. 

After witnessing Bong Soon beat up a group of thugs, the CEO of a video gaming company, Min Hyuk, believes Bong Soon would make a great bodyguard with her amazing strength and offers her a deal. Besides offering Bong Soon high pay, Min Hyuk even offers Bong Soon the chance to work in the planning department of his gaming company, if she does well. 

The Glory (2022) 

The Glory is a revenge and psychological thriller starring Song Hye Kyo as Moon Dong Eun, Lee Do Hyun as Joo Yeo Jeong, Lim Ji Yeon as Park Yeon Jin, Yum Hye Ran as Kang Hyeon Man, Park Sung Hoon as Jeon Jea Jun, Jung Sung II as Ha Do Yeong, Kim Hieora as Lee Sa Ra, Cha Joo Young as Choi Hye Jeong, and Kim Gun Woo as Son Myeong O.  

Dong Eun was heavily bullied when she was a teenager between 2004 and 2006. Led by soiled rich Yeon Jin, the bullies were a group of five conniving teens. Many years later, Dong Eun dedicates her life to getting revenge on each one of them for the physical and emotional trauma she endured all those years ago. 

Itaewon Class (2020) 

Itaewon Class is a social life drama starring Park Seo Jun as Park Sae Ro Yi, Kim Da Mi as Jo Yi Seo, Kim Dong Hee as Jang Geun Soo, Ryu Kyung Soo as Choi Seung Kwon, Lee Joo Young as Ma Hyun Yi, and Chris Lyon as Tony Kim.  

On his first day of school, Ro Yi punches his classmate Geun Won, who was bullying another classmate. The bully is the son of CEO Jang Dae Hee. CEO Dae Hee demands that Ro Yi apologize to his son, but Ro Yi refuses.  

Because of his refusal, he gets expelled from school and his father gets fired from his job. Soon, an accident takes place. Ro Yi’s father dies in a motorcycle accident caused by his ex-classmate Geun Won. Burning with anger, Ro Yi viciously beats Geun Won. After getting released from prison, Ro Yi decides to destroy the Jagga company and take revenge upon CEO Dae Hee and his son Geun Won. 

The Uncanny Counter (2023) 

The Uncanny Counter is a fantasy and action drama starring Joe Byeong Gyu as So Mun, Yu Jun Sang as Ga Mo Tak, Kim Se Jeong as Do Ha Na, and Yum Hye Ran as Chu Mae Ok.  

The series follows Counter, a group of people whose purpose is to hunt down evil spirits with their special abilities. To hide the identity of the Counters, the group disguises themselves as employees at noodle restaurants. Every Counter has a set of rules they must follow, including not using their powers for revenge more than five times. If they do, they can lose their powers as well as their lives.  

The counters are fighting four levels of evil, and the fourth level is the most dangerous. The host and evil spirit become one in a single body and are so strong that they can fight back, and with that the evil spirit takes good souls into them and gains more power.  

Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2016) 

Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth is a historic action comedy starring Park Seo Jun as Sun Woo Rang, Park Hyung Sik as Sam Maek Jong, Minho as Soo Ho Rang, Do Ji Han as Ban Ryu Rang, Jo Yoon Woo as Yeo Wool Rang, and Kim Tae Hyung (BTS V) as Han Sung Rang. Queen Jiso of the Kingdom of Silla keeps her only son, Sam Maek Jong, hidden for his safety.

As her regent grew, the Ministers, Nobles, citizens, and son became very impatient. To break the power that had taken the Bone Rank system for their use, the queen planned a new elite group, Hwarang, that will cut across the existing power fractions and will protect the king (her son) and the throne. The group formed unaware that within them is their king. 

Extraordinary Attorney Woo (2022) 

Extraordinary Attorney Woo is a comedy romantic drama starring Park Eun Bin as Woo Young Woo, Kang Tae Oh as Lee Jun Ho, Kang Ki Young as Jung Myeong Seok, Baek Ji Won as CEO Han Seon Young, Ha Yoon Kyung as Choi Su Yeon, and Joo Hyun Young as Dong Geu Rami.

Woo Young Woo is extremely smart and is on the autism spectrum. She never forgets what she sees but lacks socials skills and empathy. Beginning as a lawyer in training at a law firm, she faces prejudice and discrimination at the law firm. Her positivity and integrity allow her to solve cases from her own unique perspective.