Breaking News
  • January 26Black History Month Program - 2/29/24 @ 6:30pm - Sign up sheets available in main and foundation offices!
  • November 82023-2024 prom committee would like to announce that the prom theme is GOLDAN GALA! Prom will be held at the Raising Canes Center on April 13th
The Student News Site of Zachary High School

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

The Hoofprint Online

Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Celebrating Black-Owned Businesses
Ciannie Wellington, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024
Lillian Funk (11), head of booth, miking Grace Noel (9), who plays Matilda.
Matilda: Unseen Practice Before Perfection
Maddy Snyder, Co-Editor-in-Chief • February 9, 2024
Boys Basketball Flies High!
Boys' Basketball Flies High!
Kara Griffith, Staff Writer • January 31, 2024

Holiday Bucket List

During the holidays, there are many activities that you can do to get into the Christmas spirit! From getting crafty to cooking up the ultimate holiday feast, here are some festive activities you can do with family and friends!

Craft DIY Ornaments 

Making DIY Ornaments is fun and engaging for the family (especially the little ones). Let your creativity bloom by creating different themed ornaments! You can hand paint them, build one out of paper, or make a snow globe if you’d like to be fancy! Ornament competitions are a real crowd-pleaser, too! 

Christmas Breakfast

A Christmas breakfast is the best way to start any day in December. Whether meeting with friends or relaxing at home, breakfast can be a wonderful way to start the day! French toast, fruit salads, and pancakes are a few favorites. You can decorate them in any shape or theme for a festive party! 

Decorate Gingerbread Man Cookies 

Decorating gingerbread man cookies is a creative way to spend time with anyone. Gingerbread cookies can be challenging to construct, but it’s so fun to marvel at you and your friends’ masterpieces at the end! The icing for the gingerbreads can be homemade or store-bought. Decorating the gingerbread man can vary from character to character! Just like DIY ornaments, this can become a friendly competition. They are sold at local retailers like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and Rouses. 

Ice Skating 

Ice skating is a super entertaining activity to do with friends. Minimum to no experience is required, but it is encouraged! Teasing your friends as they fall is part of the experience, too! If you’re interested, try Ice Skating on the River at Raising Cane’s River Center in downtown Baton Rouge. 

Light Shows 

Light shows are delightful and vary from site to site. Some play music, while others have people who dress up as characters who sing songs! Light shows are everywhere and free of charge, of course! You can find various light shows across the Baton Rouge area. It’s never too late to embrace this holiday season!